Are the Kings About to Make a Major Deal?
Hey, it’s my old employer Ek, but he does get a few right every now and then.
- There’s a reason Penner hasn’t signed with anyone else yet (no, its not that nobody wants him, he wants to stay with the Kings. He could easily sign a deal with the Ducks and remain in SoCal, but Penner knows the best chance of winning is with the Kings)
- Lombardi has only 4.2 million dollars left to try and resign
This is of course, leaving the Kings little to zero wiggle room should anyone get hurt and the Kings have to call up a player from Manchester. The likely candidates?
- Pearson (925,000)
- Vey (925,000) who will be given a huge chance to make the team this season.
- Kozun (550,000) if he doesn’t make the team, he’ll have to pass through waivers, same with Cliche
- Shore (925,000) who knows what’s been promised
- Campbell (537,000) but its likely Bodnarchuk, who made 600K and is also a RFA would be the first call up if Willie Mitchell can’t go
So yes, it does make sense for the Kings to make a major trade tomorrow.
- Williams (3.6 million)
- Brown (3.1 million – UFA to be, maybe negotiations aren’t going well?)
- Richards (5.75 cap hit but due 8.4 in salary this season)
- Stoll (3.25 but teams might want to find out about the seizure first)
Morning Update: Eklund drops another clue by putting a Kings ice girl avatar in the headline. Hmmm.