Lombardi Not Gonna Get Much For Bernier
- Nikolai Khabibulin
- Evgeni Nabokov
- Niklas Backstrom
- Mike Smith
- Ray Emery
While the first two UFA’s will draw little to no interest unless Chicago needs a quality backup, there are three pretty damn good UFA goalies who can be had for nothing… and cheaply.
The thought of the Kings grabbing a 1st round pick and a top prospect are slim and none, because GM’s will have a wealth of talent to choose from.
Add to the list, one Roberto Luongo as well.
Jonathan Bernier’s numbers are “good” but not great. They’re even similar to Edmonton’s Devan Dubnyk and how far has he taken the Oilers?
Unless the Blue Jackets Bobrovsky jumps ship to the KHL, there are not a lot of buyers.
- New Jersey: They’re gonna have to replace the 2nd great one soon, is Bernier their answer?
- Islanders: likely the best bet to be in the market for a starting goalie. Snow certainly likes our leftovers (Moulson, Hickey)
- Buffalo: They’ll have to get rid of Miller and his hefty contract first
- Flyers: Lombardi certainly loves trading with them, doesn’t he?
- Toronto: They may just stick with what they have and add one of the veterans mentioned above
- Phoenix: Lombardi won’t trade within the division
- Calgary: A possibility, but do they have anyone the Kings want?
Will Bernier be willing to sit as Quick’s back-up for yet ANOTHER year? (he’s an RFA) Will he jump ship to the KHL? (Unlikely, but anything is possible) Will he demand a trade like Loktionov did?
Gonna be an interesting off season
Bye Bye ESPNZone – maybe its the 40 bucks I paid for some sliders and two beers and the fact that you can get that at YardHouse for half the cost (if you can get in) but following the playoffs, the Zone will be closing to make room for
a) a burger joint
b) a pizza joint
c) a high end club
Don’t read into Jarret Stoll biking and skating. He’s not coming back anytime soon (update: Sutter: “he’s got a brain injury” – like I said, he’s not coming back anytime soon)
Has anyone eaten at that Mexican place Rosa Mexicano? I’ve been going to Staples since it opened and have never eaten there. Any good?