Penner Traded to Caps on National Pancake Day
For a 4th? Maybe the Kings can re-acquire him since without him we’re still horrible in the regular season but we love some Playoff Penner!
- Mike Weaver traded to the Habs (check out the last line of my blog 2 days ago), in the “who cares” trade of the day.
- Halak was not traded to the Wild, Brodeur was not traded to the Wild. Ilya Bryzgalov was, for a lowly 4th round pick and a ride on the next space shuttle.
- Edmonton then goes out and acquires Viktor Fasth from the Ducks for a 5th in 2014 and a 3rd in 2015. Because they have all the confidence in the word in Ben Scrivens, especially since buyers remorse quickly set in after signing a 2 year deal.
- Ducks (as I also told you would be busy) acquire the injured Stephane Robidas from Dallas just to piss off Kings fans for a 4th presumably to clear cap space for Vanek, but as of this evening… https://twitter.com/LavoieRenaud/statuses/440995704191057920
- So much for Ronald MacDonald. I guess Lombardi really didn’t want him as the Flyers send a 2014 3rd rounder and a 2015 2nd rounder o the Isles. Wow, Dean. You paid TWO 2nd rounders for an UFA Regehr. I guess, once again, you’ll be happy with Charlie Sheen’s sloppy 9th’s.
- Phoenix trades Rostislav Klesla, Chris Brown (isn’t he in jail for hitting Rihanna?) and 4th round pick to Washington for Martin Erat and John Mitchell. And not one person in Phoenix cared.
- So it’s Cory Schneider and Roberto Luongo for Bo Horvat, Jakob Markstrom and Shawn Matthias. So tell me, what’s the best way to get fired again?
Since the Mayor has been adamant about Justin Williams being on the block, my guess is he would be part of a Columbus/Gaborik package. I’m not exactly sure what Gaborik brings to the table that Williams doesn’t but Columbus scouts know the Manchester roster “deeply.” (I once knew Christy Canyon “deeply”) Williams would be exactly what Columbus needs to stay in their own playoff race.
Kings also talking with Ottawa about Chris Phillips. He’s looking for a 2 year deal, which Lombardi may be willing to give since Greene and Mitchell are both UFA’s and Lombardi and Co. don’t seem to have much faith in calling up Schultz or Bodnarchuk or Campbell or anyone else they’ve been developing for years.
I’m still holding out hope that Lombardi can pry Trevor Daley out of Dallas (give up a late 1st rounder, who gives a shit? It’s a crappy draft!!!) but my genie bottle says, “not gonna happen.”
The Mayor just posted HERE that the Kings 3rd option is Justin Williams, Kyle Clifford, Jake Muzzin and a pick for Mike Cammalleri and Mark Giordano.
Dear Mayor: There’s such thing as a “salary cap” and I want to know the dispensary you’re getting your stuff from because obviously, it’s that good!
That’s HORRIBLY overpriced for Giordano considering Cammy is a walk away FA with Lombardi having no intentions of re-signing him.
So in Lombardi’s warped mind, a 2nd and 3rd for McDonald is “too much” but Williams, Cliffy, Muzzin AND a pick for Giordano and 2 month of Cammy, ISN’T??? Come on, Dean. Are you and Mayor just doing this to fuck with Kings fans?